BWS Technologie is a German engineering company that offers superior mixing and particle size reduction equipment for various liquid, liquid & solid, and liquid dispersions. Its Supraton S-Series is designed to enable first-class high-shear mixing results for various processes such as emulsification, dispersion and wet grinding. The supply of small product quantities by stator injection directly in the shearing zone aims to ensure optimum, consistent homogenisation results.
The Supraton S series areas of application include:
- Dynamic product viscosities up to 200,000 cP/mPa s
- Particle sizes of up to 20 mm
- Temperatures up to 240 °C
- Pressures up to 20 bar
- Advantages of the S series include:
- External, oil-cooled bearings for high drive performance and temperature resistance in continuous operation.
- High-quality materials, including duplex stainless steel and metal-ceramic combinations, ensure high wear resistance.
- Tools suitable for both directions of rotation due to axially symmetric design – allowing for the use of both tooth flanks if wear occurs.
- Further development of tools according to the specific application, in order to optimise the efficiency and performance of a rotor-stator system
- Excellent rotor stability, even with extremely high dynamic viscosities and at high speeds, ensures high reproducibility of product quality and reliable process scalability.
BWS Technologie has a range of tools available for diverse applications, such as degumming of edible oils, toothpaste manufacture, polymer modification of bitumen and waste recycling.
South African company Alan Wills & Associates (AW&A) imports and distributes numerous mixing products from BWS Technologie and highlights that its partnership with the German company has yielded a number of opportunities in the South African and African market, with a new area of focus being the processing of substantial quantities of biomass available for the production of fuel and useful chemicals from agricultural waste.
Original Article is from Engineering news: https://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/mixing-technology-offers-proven-reliability-and-efficient-performance-2020-12-01
Looking For More Information?
Please contact us for more information on Supraton mixers and for any support queries.